Wednesday, March 31, 2010

big reveal of the big boy room

It took months, but the big boy room is finally {almost} complete.

DSC_0002

DSC_0012

DSC_0013

DSC_0017

DSC_0018

I have always loved images of rooms with maps. I guess I just have a thing for maps. I love the colors and the fact that they look somewhat like abstract art, yet they represent something very concrete. So when it came time to do this room, I naturally gravitated towards maps. After all, they are somewhat masculine, plus they are kid-friendly and are something that can grow with them.

I saw this post while searching for ideas about using maps as wallpaper. She mentioned finding map inserts in National Geographic magazines. Well, lo and behold, I had an entire cabinet of NGs waiting for me.

I did two walls because I wasn't sure at the time where we would put the bed. I think I would have been happy with just one wall. Live and learn!

As with the maps, most of the items in the room, from the furniture to the accessories were things I already owned.

The most important part ... my "client" loves it. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! What an amazing big boy room! I'm so glad my post was able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The map walls are AMAZING! Great job!

    ReplyDelete